Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Chugging Along

I got to the 35,000 word point over the weekend, and I was feeling very good about finishing this project, this novel-ette. But, boy, I feel like I've come to a grinding halt tonight. Of course, it could be because the last two days at work have been just a big pressure cooker, with all this work to be done and too few people to do it. However, I do feel as if I've stepped up to the plate in a big way at work, which can only be to my advantage. I also love being a hero, and there are only so many ways I can do that.

I'm thinking that the big obstacle could be that I'm at the point where Tara is dying, and I'm feeling some separation anxiety, dare I even say grief, about that. Of course, Tara is an amalgam of me in many ways, even though most of her characteristics are not ones I have, necessarily, but I perhaps wish I had. Like her ability to speak her mind, to take risks, to stand up for herself and not take any guff.

So, perhaps its a reluctance to let this character go that's keeping the words from flowing as freely as they ususally do...

No comments: